574 calories / 51g carbs / 23g fat / 41g protein / serves 2
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp ground coffee
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 x 170g beef steak
1 large sweet potato
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. For the steak rub: mix the ground coffee with the smoked paprika, dried garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Rub on the steaks and leave to marinate.
3. Cut the sweet potato into thin wedges, toss with 1/2 tbsp oil and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and oven cook for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
4. Preheat a frying pan to a medium-high heat and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins each side for medium rare, or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Remove the steaks from the heat and leave to rest for a few mins.
5. Thinly slice the steaks and serve on two warm plates, alongside the sweet potato wedges and an optional salad.
To get £10 off your first Mindful Chef recipe box, click here
Credit: The Mindful Chef